With advancing medical technology, many services may now be safely and effectively offered in the physician office setting. This usually results in a better convenience for our patients and reduced out-of-pocket expenses by avoiding costly deductibles and facility charges. At Catawba Women’s Center, we believe we offer the right balance of safety and convenience, adopting emerging technology once its proven to be safe and effective when performed in a physician office setting. If you opt for one of the procedures we offer in the office, your provider will review the risks and benefits and whether your personal medical circumstances will allow an office-based procedure. Below is a list of some of our more commonly performed in-office procedures:
- IUD Insertions(Mirena® and Paragard® )
- Endometrial Ablation for irregular or heavy periods (menorrhagia) (Novasure®)
- Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis Including Potassium Challenge/Rescue
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Urinary Incontinence or Bladder Control Problems including MedTronics® Urodynamics testing and Prometheus® Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation therapy.
- Infertility Treatment including Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteoporosis and Osteopenia utilizing GE Lunar ® technology
- Nexplanon implantable 3-year contraception
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears and HPV including in-office Colposcopy and Loop Electrode Excision Procedure (LEEP).
- Ultrasound utilizing GE Voluson® 3D/4D and Toshiba® technology